Spring is Here! But Beware
Metro News tells us about which flowers to look out for this spring.
Though these may be some of your favorite flowers it is best to keep them off your kitchen table and away from your pets
- And More
These flowers are poisonous to cats and dogs resulting in an upset stomach, difficulty breathing or even death.
Pets could be effected by ingestion of pollen and leaves but mostly bulbs where the plants poison is concentrated. So if your dog is a digger be sure to plant safe flowers!
Lilies are the worst for cats since their pollen is extremely toxic to them. Please be aware of how your outside cats are acting, a simple upset stomach could turn into much more when it involves Lilly pollen!
Metro says “if you suspect your pet has eaten a poisonous plant, even if they are not yet showing symptoms, get them medical treatment immediately.
A vet may have to induce vomiting or put them on a drip, and the sooner this is done, the greater their chance of survival.”
Some symptoms to look for:
- Increased heart rate
- Increased respiratory rate
- Difficulty breathing